- June 14, 2019
- Posted by: Prinston Jean-Glaude
- Category: Health Articles, Living Healthy
The National Safety Council (NSC), leads the annual campaign, National Safety Month, during the month of June to focus on “reducing leading causes of injury and death at work, on the road and in our homes and communities.” Throughout the month, various safety topics will be focused on, as the public is encouraged to become engaged in proper safety practices. Topics include, hazard recognition; slips, trips, and falls; fatigue, and impairment.
The NSC recognizes that workplace injuries and fatalities occur way too often. Safety on the job is everyone’s responsibility. Thus, they have made the Safe at Work Pledge available for management and staff. Employers are encouraged to include this pledge in employee trainings and to have it displayed where all employees can see it. Employees in turn, are always encouraged to take the pledge as a personal oath to keep themselves and those around them safe.
I pledge to:
- Never compromise my own safety or the safety of my coworkers to get the job done.
- Actively look for hazards, promptly report them, and take appropriate action to warn others.
- Be a good safety role model for my friends and family even when off the job.
If you are injured at work or any place else, seek medical attention immediately, even if it seems minor. To schedule an appointment with a healthcare professional at any of our convenient Primary Medical Care Center community clinics, you may visit our website at www.primarymed.com, or call (305)751-1500 for our Miami-Dade clinic, or (954)289-0000 for our Broward clinic.