The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), states that Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia among the elderly and the fifth leading cause of death in those 65 and older and the sixth leading cause of death in all adults overall. As of 2018, an estimated 5.7 million Americans were living with the disease.
The Alzheimer’s Association encourages you to see your healthcare professional as soon as possible if you or a loved one exhibits any of the following early Alzheimer’s warning signs:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life.
- Challenges in planning or solving problems.
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work, or at leisure.
- Confusion with time or place.
- Trouble understanding visual images or spatial relationships.
- New problems with words in speaking or writing.
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps.
- Decreased or poor appetite.
- Withdrawal from work or social activities.
- Changes in mood and personality.
To schedule an annual physical at any of our convenient Primary Medical Care Center community clinics, you may visit our website at www.primarymed.com, or call (305)751-1500 for our Miami-Dade clinic, or (954)289-0000 for our Broward clinic.