Precaution is always better than treatment. Thanks to the rapid development of successful scientific experiments and information, many diseases can be treated and prevented. With the help of expert knowledge, almost every ailment can be treated beforehand.
Stroke is a common cause of adult disability and death. There are numerous causes of stroke, including diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, family history, etc.
What is stroke?
A stroke, commonly known as a brain attack, happens when the supply of blood to the brain is interrupted or reduced. As a result, brain cells are damaged. The brain’s blood supply should be regular and steady to ensure sound health. There are two types of stroke:
- Ischemic Stroke:
In this type of the stroke, the blood supply to the brain is reduced, which starts creating symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, etc. Blood clots are formed in the brain vessels which result in an unpleasant feeling; if not immediately treated, they can lead to death.
- Hemorrhagic Stroke:
This one is caused by bleeding in the brain cells, which damages the brain’s activity, eventually leading to paralysis or poorly functioning body. When there is a leakage in the brain tissues, there are low chances of survival unless proper medical treatment is provided.
Fortunately, numerous known stroke symptoms can help you take preventive measures before an actual attack. These symptoms have been identified by leading scientific experts and allow the person to get mentally prepared for the upcoming medical procedure. Some of the symptoms include:
- Trouble understanding or explaining things.
- A sudden and severe headache.
- Numbness in one part of the body like the arm, leg, or face.
- Dizziness and lack of concentration.
- Blurred vision.
- Loss of appetite.
- Diabetes and obesity
These symptoms are not necessarily applicable to every stroke condition.
The good news is that the strokes can be prevented. Therefore, it is necessary to educate people about this life-threatening ailment to stop it from occurring more often. Precautionary measures include:
- Maintaining good blood circulation.
- Stopping unhealthy habits such as smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Eating a balanced diet.
- Exercising on a regular basis.
- Treating insomnia.
- Maintain a healthy weight by avoiding oily and other harmful foods.
Other fundamental factors
Other factors related to the causes, symptoms, and prevention of strokes are:
- A stroke is caused when the brain does not receive enough oxygen to function properly.
- It must be instantly treated to avoid any long-term disability.
- Comprehensive treatment should be given after a detailed investigation of the type of stroke.
Stroke is a common condition nowadays. Therefore, to avoid a medical tragedy, educate yourself about stroke symptoms and prevention.
*Need help from an urgent care clinic in Miami? Primary Medical Care Center is only a phone call away: 305-751-1500