- April 14, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Health Articles
Different types of the allergies are commonly witnessed when the season is changing or due to the other factors. Some allergies are not that complicated to understand and treated because of the common symptoms. However, there are some allergies that can cause death if not paid proper attention to, such as the pollen allergy. As the name suggests, pollen allergies are caused due to the excessive pollen counts in the atmosphere when it is time for the plants to naturally fertilize by spreading the pollen grains in the environment. This creates a lot of health problems in human beings which must be considered as a serious illness.
Pollen allergies are usually caused when the climate and the season are changing and people who live closer to the plants and nature are the ones who have higher chances of suffering from the pollen allergy. Here is a guide on the pollen allergy and its severe side effects which can be fatal.
Why and to whom does the pollen allergy happen?
Pollens are the tiny components of plants which are there to help in the natural process of fertilization. When the season arrives, the small pollen grains fly and spread into the atmosphere to increase its number of counts and disperse on all the plants to benefit. Studies have shown that people who are closer to plants or who have plants in their homes or who live in a place that is surrounded by plants and nature have an increased tendency and chances of suffering from the pollen allergy.
The symptoms of pollen allergy are not very much different from the regular allergies but the intensity of the allergy decides whether or not it is serious and needs medical advice. Allergies are usually treated at home through home remedies and having over-the-counter medicines. However, pollen allergy is not that simple to be cured and therefore, must be treated immediately to avoid the extreme level of reactions, such as death.
How can it cause death?
Pollen allergies affect the human health in numerous ways which are mentioned below:
- It causes severe breathing problems including asthma which must be treated according to the medical standards. If ignored, it can cause the person to experience shortness of breath and extreme difficulty in maintaining the oxygen standards that are required for maintaining a healthy body.
- It causes allergy symptoms like runny and itchy nose which are due to the contaminated environment. If not paid attention to, the intensity of these symptoms might increase making the person restless and uncomfortable which gives space to other health problems as well.
- Watery eyes are also one of the symptoms of pollen allergy which makes the vision blurred and in extreme cases, often becomes the cause of blindness.
- Sneezing is also caused due to environmental allergies. Excessive sneezing can cause the person to lose oxygen consistency and might result in high fever which can ultimately cause death in some harsh medical cases of pollen allergy.
It has been proved by the medical experts that pollen allergies can be fatal which is also evident from the above-mentioned facts. Therefore, it is suggested to look for the possible symptoms and prevent the pollen allergy for a better and improved health.
*Need help from an urgent care clinic in Miami? Primary Medical Care Center is only a phone call away: 305-751-1500