This week, October 21-25, is recognized as National Health Education Week 2019. The theme for this year is “Elevating health for all.” This campaign focuses on “increasing national awareness on major public health issues and promoting a better understanding of the role of health education.”
Sponsored by the Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE), webinars will be available all week on specific focus areas with the aim of “improving consumer health and wellness. The schedule of webinars on www.sophe.org are as follows:
- Monday, October 21 – Championing health for vulnerable populations through advocacy.
- Tuesday, October 22 – Celebrating SOPHE
- Wednesday, October 23 – School Health. Social Emotional Learning.
- Thursday, October 24 – Digital Health: Curbing misinformation by spreading true health education messages.
- Friday, October 25 – Health Equity. Celebrating 20 years of REACH – Your zip code is a determinant of your health status or an impact of natural disasters on your health.
You are your best advocate for your health. Take the time to educate yourself on matters concerning your health and don’t be afraid to ask your healthcare provider questions about anything that may be unclear. To schedule an appointment at any of our convenient Primary Medical Care Center community clinics, you may visit our website at www.primarymed.com, or call (305)751-1500 for our Miami-Dade clinic, or (954)289-0000 for our Broward clinic.